Removal of Restrictive Membership Clause, 1950


In the years following following World War II, criticism of restrictive membership clauses in the membership requirements of Greek organizations began to build among campus administrators. Many administrators began to demand the removal of such clauses if chapters wished to remain on their campuses. At the 1950 National Convention, Phi Mu delegates voted to amend the Constitution and Bylaws to eliminate the clauses that restricted membership to those of white race and "Christian birth and faith."

Date

1950

 Share

×

Share on Social Media

Powered by
HistoryIT | We Give History A Future